The main objective and final outcome of Monbasa project is to develop a low-cost monolithic all-solid state thin-film Li-ion battery that exceeds the performance of conventional Li-ion technology for nano/microsatellites.
Specific project objectives:
• Improved electrochemical performance of current solid state
• Deep study of electrode/electrolyte and electrode/current collector interfaces
• Optimised processing of thin-film battery components/cells
• Process control for thin-film full cells
• Study of full cell integration with sensors and actuators in advanced satellites
• Validated space applicability of the novel energy storage solution